The Me 4-Button module contains 4 superior instantaneous push buttons featuring comfortable feel and long life. With simple structure and good feedback, it can be used in the control moving direction of the cart and interactive video games. Its black ID means that it has an analog port and should be connected to the port with black ID on Makeblock Orion.
● Operating voltage: 5V DC
● Number of buttons: 4
● Control mode: one-way analog port
● Module size: 51 x 24 x 18 mm (L x W x H)
● White area of module is the reference area to contact metal beams
● Me 4-Button comprises a state indicator light and a power indicator light
● Anti-reverse protection – connecting the power supply inversely will not damage IC
● Support mBlock GUI programming, and applicable to users of all ages
● Adopt RJ25 port for easy connection
● Provide pin-type of port to support most development boards including Arduino series
The port of Me 4-Button has three pins, and their functions are as follows:
● Connecting with RJ25
Since the port of Me 4-Button has black ID, you need to connect the port with black ID on Makeblock Orion when using RJ25 port. Taking Makeblock Orion as example, you can connect it to ports No. 6, 7, and 8 as follows:
● Connecting with Dupont wire
When the Dupont wire is used to connect the module to the Arduino UNO Baseboard, its OUT pin should be connected to analog pin as follows:
Guide to programming
If you use Arduino to write a program, the library Makeblock- Library-master should be invoked to control the Me 4-Button. This program serves to read the key value of pressed button and output it to the serial port through Arduino programming.
The Me 4-Button module contains four-leg buttons which are protected by metal spring strip. In the switch with fourleg buttons, when a button is pressed, the circuit is switched on; when it is released, the circuit is switched off. The applied force is that we use our hands to press or release the button. The four buttons in the switch share an analog output port. When different button is pressed, the output analog value is different consequently. Thus, it can be identified which button is pressed down.